Easy One Pot Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff. This corned beef and cabbage slow cooker recipe is a fuss-free way to cook the traditional dish. Patrick's Day a few years ago. Now it's a regular in my menu planning.
It's so quick and easy to make this flavorful beef stew and it's all cooked in one pot! Start with beef stew meat, season it with salt and pepper and then toss it with flour until its well coated. Now, transfer the coated beef into a dutch oven or deep pot and start cooking the beef on all sides. You can cook Easy One Pot Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy One Pot Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 4 oz of mushrooms, chopped (I use white button or baby portabello).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 8 oz of egg noodles – uncooked.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need to taste of additional salt, and pepper,.
In a large saucepan or skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired, basil and pepper. Stir in the noodles, beans, tomatoes, water and bouillon. Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick pot over medium heat.
Easy One Pot Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff instructions
- In a large, deep sided sautee pan over medium heat begin browning ground beef, chopping up to crumble. When beef is about half done add mushrooms, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until beef is cooked through..
- Turn heat up to med-high. Add soup, milk and beef broth. Stir to combine. Add egg noodles and stir to coat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low, cover, with lid tilted to vent slightly. Simmer 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce has absorbed by about half..
- Turn heat down to low and stir in sour cream until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Let sit uncovered 5 minutes to thicken. Enjoy..
- Note: If sauce seems too soupy before adding sour cream turn up to med and simmer vigorously uncovered for a couple more minutes to reduce. Then follow steps above..
Saute beef until brown on all sides. Add wine, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and mix everything together. American beef goulash is what you see here: a one-pot meal made with ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese. Hungarian goulash, on the other hand, is more of a stew, prepared with cubes of beef (often chuck roast) and vegetables swimming in a paprika-kissed tomato broth. One-Pot Weeknight Beef Stroganoff This one-pot wonder comes together in under an hour, thanks to just a handful of simple, quick-cooking ingredients.