Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff recipes, including Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff and One-Pot Beef Stroganoff. Learn how to cook Classic Beef Stroganoff, with tender strips of beef and mushrooms, in an incredible creamy sauce. This delicious beef stroganoff recipe is made with lean beef, beef stock, sour cream, onion, and spices.
Ground Beef Stroganoff is a more frugal version of the classic beef stroganoff with all of its delectable flavors of mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a creamy rich gravy. This quick and easy family meal can be prepared in less than thirty minutes making it doable for weeknights. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. You can cook Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 8-10 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 10.5 oz of can cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare of Cooked egg noodles (whole wheat are best).
Reviews for: Photos of Ground Beef Stroganoff. Beef Stroganoff or beef Stroganov (Russian: бефстроганов, tr. befstróganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream). Looking for a great, classic weeknight dinner option that the whole family will love? In the same pan, add the butter.
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a skillet until no longer pink, drain set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic last so it won't burn..
- Sprinkle on flour a stir to cook flour for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth, add mushrooms soup, stir until combined..
- Add cooked beef back to skillet, stir in nutmeg, bring to a light boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while noodles cook..
- Check for last minute seasoning needs and stir in sour cream just before serving..
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles.
Add the onion, ground beef, and garlic powder. Stir until the meat is browned, breaking it up as you stir. From easy classics to festive new favorites, you'll find them all here. This retro classic is making a comeback! Golden seared juicy beef strips smothered in an incredible sour cream mushroom gravy, this Beef Stroganoff recipe.