Ground Meat Steam Tofu. Place it on the serving plate. Heat the vegetable oil on a wok over medium-high heat. Spread the marinated ground pork onto the tofu and transfer the shallow bowl into a steamer.
Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork is a Chinese dish of steamed silken tofu topped with savoury minced meat sauce seasoned with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Heat up a wok with some oil and stir fry the ground pork and dried shrimps until fragant. Add in the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce and bring it to boil. You can have Ground Meat Steam Tofu using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Meat Steam Tofu
- It’s 1 box of silken tofu (around 300 gr).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 150 gr of ground chicken/ground pork.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of dried shrimps.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper chili, julienned.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 75 ml of water.
- It’s of salt and white pepper powder (to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch mixed wit h 2 Tbsp water.
- You need 2 of green onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
Add in the scallions, red chili, sesame oil, salt and sugar (to taste) and white pepper powder. Place tofu on the plate and add weight on tofu to extract excess water. Heat up pan with a bit of oil and fry garlic and onions until fragrant. Don't have too much time for cooking?
Ground Meat Steam Tofu instructions
- Soak dried shrimps in hot water for 10 minutes. Drained. Cut the dried shrimps into small pieces..
- Steam silken tofu for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place it on the serving plate..
- Heat the vegetable oil on a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, dried shrimps, and red chili pepper until fragrant..
- Add minced meat. Cook until the meat changes color..
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, white pepper powder, and water. Cook until boiling..
- Add cornstarch mixture. Keep stirring until the sauce is thickened..
- Add green onions and sesame oil. Stir for a while. Remove from the heat..
- Pour the ground beef mixture on top of the tofu..
- Serve with warm white rice! 😋.
Try this super easy Steamed Tofu with Minced Pork recipe. See the ingredient list below for. Making tofu ground beef The process begins with adding flavor to the the tofu and then creating a texture similar to ground beef. The seasonings work to add color and flavor to the tofu and the oven serves the purpose of drying the tofu out a bit so that it is less squishy. Remove the excess water and set aside.