Hearty Beef Stroganoff. A hearty dash of Worcestershire sauce really enhances meat-based dishes. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun. The most amazing Beef Stroganoff you will ever have!
Add sour cream and heat through; simmer but do not boil. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce. You can have Hearty Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 1 lb of ground hamburger.
- It’s 1 bag of of egg noodles.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of of milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of of brown (beef) gravy mix.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of of whorsteshire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Garlic salt to taste. I recommend Lawry's..
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper or to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
Our easy and authentic Russian Beef An elegant version of beef stroganoff? This dish is hearty and full of flavor. This homemade Beef Stroganoff recipe will make you fall in love with juicy and tender beef! All in a rich velvety creamy sauce!
Hearty Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling adding a little oil to the water..
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet on med. heat till barely cooked, about 5 min. then drain the grease..
- Add the butter, onions and mushrooms to hamburger and cook another 5 min. stirring often..
- In a large measuring cup or bowl measure out the milk and gravy mix and wisk together thoroughly..
- Meanwhile add noodles to boiling water and stir periodically. Cook for 7 min..
- Turn heat to low – med. and stir in milk mixture and whorsteshire sauce..
- When noodles are done drain and stir in a little butter so noodles don't stick, cover and set aside..
- Stir seasonings into sauce and cook till thickened.
- Turn off heat and stir in the sourcream, saving some for on top..
- Serve sauce over the noodles and top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh parsley. Enjoy!.
This hearty dinner is perfect for the cold weather! Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. Beef Stroganoff is a hearty Beef and Mushroom dish with a creamy Sour Cream sauce that is typically served over pasta. Beef and mushrooms are browned before cooking, bringing out the best flavors.