Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3. A delicious vegetarian recipe for busy weeknights! This vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is creamy, flavorful, and very delicious. Serve it over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
Mushroom Stroganoff Variations If you can't find a particular mushroom or would like to save money, use all white button mushrooms. To make this mushroom stroganoff vegetarian, use a vegan Worcestershire sauce. Mushroom Stroganoff. featured in One-Pot Vegan Dinners. You can cook Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3
- You need 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 pound of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of dry white wine (or dry vermouth).
- It’s 1 cup of broth (chicken, veg, beef all work fine).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped chives or green onions (plus more for garnish).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s of salt (3/4 teaspoon to start).
- You need to taste of black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz. of egg noodles or pasta.
Drizzle in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add the garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt. Then, add the white wine and vegan Worcestershire sauce and stir until incorporated. How to make Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff. Or you could substitute a can of full fat coconut milk.
Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3 instructions
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 7 minutes..
- Add the flour and stir to incorporate. Stir in wine and broth and cook until most of the alcohol has evaporated, about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the paprika, sour cream and the 2 Tablespoons chives and season with salt and pepper. Set aside while you boil noodles for pasta..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until a little past al dente according to the package instructions..
- Drain the pasta, portion on plates, and spoon heated stroganoff over the pasta, sprinkling some chopped chives for garnish..
- Enjoy! :).
You may freeze the sauce separate from the pasta, but it. This vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff features tender mushrooms and noodles in a creamy sauce. This is a cracking little recipe from Jamie's brand new book VEG, which is definitely not just for vegetarians it's one for the meat eaters as well. A creamy mushroom casserole low in fat and calories from BBC Good Food. Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff – Butter, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme make for the perfect creamy, rich mushroom stroganoff!