Beef Stroganoff. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce. The most amazing Beef Stroganoff you will ever have!
Beef and mushrooms are always a great match, and this recipe for classic Beef Stroganoff shows off exactly why. Beef Stroganoff (Or Should We Say Stroganov?)—A Brief History. You might—like we do—associate creamy bowls of beef stroganoff with your parents generation, or even your grandparents generation. (Beef Stroganov, бефстроганов). You can have Beef Stroganoff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of lean beef.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 (14 1/2 oz) of can beef broth.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped fine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, or to taste.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of Flour.
- It’s of Egg noodles.
Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal. This recipe is so decadent and savory With so much thick, creamy sauce and savory beef, no one can deny that beef stroganoff is the ultimate. There are of course a meeellion Beef Stroganoff recipes out there, but some call for highly-processed cans of cream of. See more ideas about stroganoff, beef stroganoff, recipes.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Slice beef into 1/2 by 2in strips, then place in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and baking soda, mix to coat beef, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place beef in a colander and rinse under cold water, pat with paper towels to dry.
- In a large sauté pan heat a little oil and brown meat on all sides, remove from pan set aside.
- In the same pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter add onion and mushrooms, sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated, then add garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of flour, cook stirring for a minute or two making a roux, add beef broth stirring to release any brown bits from bottom of pan, until slightly thickened then add reserved beef, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and nutmeg. Lower heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes or more if you want the beef very tender, stir occasionally.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain.
- When noodles are done, stir sour cream into beef mixture, adjust seasoning, serve over noodles.
Classic beef stroganoff is transformed into this hearty, yet light Beef Stroganoff Soup. This traditional recipe for Russian beef stroganoff or govjadina po Strogonovski or bef stroganov needs little time cooking because it's made with beef tenderloin, also known as filet mignon. Adam Rapoport's recipe for beef stroganoff is hearty, satisfying, and easy. Bulk it up with more mushrooms. Cut the entire recipe in half.