Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!. Mikes Perfect Patty Melts! – Easy Lunchtime Meals "perfect patty With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored with your midday. Watch as globetrotting gourmand Mike Chen stuffs his face with some of his favorite frozen treats, from towering sundaes and ice cream cones, to masterfully-made bowls of gelato and ice cream cakes. We're making the ultimate patty melt with Chris Kronner of KronnerBurger and author of the cookbook A Burger to Believe In.
A patty melt is basically a better version of the humble burger. Ground beed gets shaped into more of a oblong rectangle to fit the rye bread, then it gets topped with plenty of Swiss cheese and caramelized onions. It's the deli sandwich we love, but we really think we've perfected the homemade version. You can have Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Perfect Patty Melts!
- You need of ● Meat Mixture.
- It’s 2 Pounds of 80/20 Quality Ground Beef.
- You need 3 Dashes of Worchestershie Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [+ reserves].
- Prepare 1 Box of Liptons Onion Soup Mix [use both packages].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- It’s of ● Additions.
- You need 8 Slices of Swiss Cheese.
- It’s 1 of EX LG Viadalia White Onion.
- Prepare 1 Cube of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Purple Onion.
- Prepare of as needed Yellow Mustard.
- You need of ● For The Bread.
- Prepare 1 Loaf of Quality Russian Rye Bread.
At long last, a recipe that bridges the vast gap between sandwich and burger! Patty melts are the sandwich-burger of our dreams. Our version of the classic patty melt features caramelized onions, which we quickly realized during our last Brooklyn test kitchen should rank up there with cheese on. The patty melt has eschewed makeovers for over half-a-century—and still thrives.
Mike's Perfect Patty Melts! instructions
- Mix everything in your Meat Mixture section together well..
- Using a Mandolin – thick slice your onions. Onions really are the secret in this dish!.
- Fry your onions in a cube of salted butter and add a good dash of black pepper..
- Fry until onions are translucent. Drain on paper towels..
- Mold your patties larger than your widest pieces of Rye Bread slices. They will shrink slightly upon cooking..
- Using the same onion pan – fry your burgers to taste or preference..
- Use a quality deli style Swiss Cheese..
- Add 4 pieces of Swiss cheese to each patty and steam burgers [covered] for 1 minute..
- Use a fresh quality rye bread. Lightly toast your Rye slices..
- Plate up and serve hot with Onion Rings and ice cold beers in frosted glasses..
- Onion rings..
- Prepare to be freggin' worshiped! Enjoy!.
Here's how to get this beloved sandwich just right. It's intriguing then that the patty melt — a single slim patty of ground beef covered with cheese and golden onions, and griddle-fried between two thin slices of. Step aside, cheeseburgers and grilled cheese. Meet the epic mashup of these two nostalgic diner meals: the patty melt. Our classic sandwich includes flavor-packed ground beef, American and Swiss cheeses (for plenty of cheesy flavor and the perfect melty bite), and caramelized.