Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers. The Vegetarian Chickpea Burger Recipe make perfect one dish dinner for those Friday Movie Nights at home. It is a protein rich burger recipe, where the patty is pan fried and arranged in a burger along with sliced vegetables and a delicious honey mustard sauce. A simple vegetarian and vegan chickpea veggie burger recipe using garbanzo beans (chickpeas), onions, celery and carrot mashed together with flour If you need a gluten-free veggie burger recipe, this kidney bean and mushroom veggie burger recipe uses oats and eggs as a binder instead of the.
Make them on the BBQ or fry them in a pan for the perfect summertime dinner. A simple veggie burger with a nice kick of spice. Serve with a zesty mango salsa for a snack that's full of flavour. You can cook Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers
- It’s of FOR THE CHICKPEA PATTIES:.
- Prepare 2 cups of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (washed and drained if canned and cooked till soft after soaking overnight, if using dry beans).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered oats.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of teaspoon, grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of grated garlic.
- It’s 1 of green chilli or jalapeno, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil plus more for frying.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of FOR SERVING:.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s slices of Tomato.
- Prepare leaves of Lettuce.
- You need of Green coriander chutney or use McDonald's type sauce (recipe below in Notes) or ketchup.
- It’s of Toasted burger buns.
Drain the chickpeas and tip them into a bowl. Indian style Vegetarian Burger flavored with garam masala, cumin, ginger and cilantro! Indian style Vegetarian Burgers spiced with garam masala & cumin! These masala burgers are so flavorful and would I loved the patties, thank you!
Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers instructions
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash the chickpeas with a fork. Keep aside. In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and green chilies and saute for 2 minutes till soft. Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry again till the raw smell goes, about 1 minute. Stir in the turmeric, garam masala and coriander powders and saute for a minute more..
- Add this to the mashed chickpeas along with the grated carrots, powdered oats, chaat masala, coriander leaves and salt to taste..
- Mix well to combine all the flavors. Make 2 to 3 inch patties depending upon your preference and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour..
- Just before making the burgers, heat a skillet and add enough oil to shallow fry the patties. Add the patties and fry on each side till crisp and golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve warm or cold on a toasted burger bun with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, green coriander chutney, McDonald’s burger sauce (recipe below) and any other fixings you like..
- Note: If you prefer, you can also bake these patties for a healthier version at 350 F for about 10 to 15 minutes. Additional vegetables like peas, beans or even beetroot can be added to the patties..
- RECIPE FOR McDonald's type burger sauce: In a small bowl, blend 1/2 up mayonnaise, 2 to 3 teaspoons tomato ketchup (if you want a spicy sauce, use tomato chilli sauce or Sriracha sauce), 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onions and if you have a bottle of dill pickles, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of brine or juice from the bottle. Mix well, and enjoy as a topping for the burgers!.
Instead of rice flour I used chickpea flour which worked great. This burger is so delicious, you will not miss the meat, promise! Here's a tip: If you don't want this patties to fall apart, you absolutely need to make a rough chop while processing, also try Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper. Cheesy Veggie Chickpea Burgers – easy to prepare and taste amazing!! Coated in breadcrumbs and lightly fried until crisp.