Taco Soup. A new twist on chicken taco soup both for those vegetarians/vegans out there, or those simply trying to eat less meat. This is a very budget friendly and filling meal that will please even the pickiest eater! In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain.
Stir in the black beans, corn,. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. The beef is flavored with sautéed onions and taco seasoning (chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder,. You can have Taco Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco Soup
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 29 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 7 oz of mexicorn (or plain canned corn) drained.
- Prepare 15 oz of canned black beans, drained.
- It’s 15 oz of ranch style beans.
- Prepare 15 oz of navy beans (white).
- Prepare 10 oz of Rotel (your favorite kind).
- It’s 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 envelope of ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix.
- It’s 1 of fritos chips for serving.
- You need 1 of shredded cheddar cheese for topping.
Brown meat and onions and drain. Mix ranch dressing and taco seasoning into meat. Without draining, add all of the other ingredients. Taco Soup Ingredients Ground beef – use lean ground beef for best results.
Taco Soup step by step
- Saute onion in olive oil.
- Add ground beef, cook until brown and drain.
- Add all ingredients and beef mixture to pot..
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve with fritos, topped with cheese.
Olive oil – this is used to help brown the beef. This taco soup makes a GREAT freezer meal. It holds up really well and reheats perfectly. Check out my easy freezing tips below. Allow the taco soup to cool down.