lighter zuppa toscana soup. This Italian potato and sausage soup is my version of Olive Gardens soup recipe. It's to die for on a cold day with a great bottle of wine! If you love the Zuppa Toscana at your local chain Italian restaurant, you will adore this soup.
The soup has the perfect amount of spice, but if you are like me and love to add a little extra heat, try. The whole family will love this copycat One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! Loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and kale! You can cook lighter zuppa toscana soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of lighter zuppa toscana soup
- It’s 4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 32 oz of fat free half and half.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped kale.
- You need 1 medium of onion chopped.
- It’s 3 each of italian turkey sausage.
- You need 4 medium of potatoes diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch.
How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup? In a Dutch oven or pot, bring water and broth to a boil. Add potatoes and seasonings, cook until potatoes are For a lighter and healthier version of the classic Italian soup, substitute the heavy whipping cream for milk. I've experimented with almond milk and.
lighter zuppa toscana soup step by step
- remove sausage from casing and brown. set aside.
- sautee diced onion and combine onion and sausage to a stock pot.
- pour in chicken broth, and add diced potatoes. Boil till potatoes are tender..
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes a bit for texture..
- add kale and simmer till kale is tender. add garlic powder, salt or pepper to taste if desired..
- add half and half reserving 1 cup to combine with cornstarch and add slurry to soup. stirring till heated thru….do not boil..
Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup loaded with sausage, bacon, cauliflower and kale. The question I have been asking myself as of late. Not under a cabinet or under a light. I say all this from experience! 🙂 If you stick to those things you'll be golden! Zuppa Toscana Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) – Cooking Classy.