Pig Candy. Pig candy is a dessert made by taking thick strips of smoked bacon and pecans and coating them in caramel or another type of sugar, notably brown sugar. Grilling: Pig Candy Serious Entertaining: A Meathead's Cookout. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors.
Pig Candy is a great treat that will impress your friends and make your neighbors jealous. ???? Pig candy. Pig candy is a dessert made by taking thick strips of smoked bacon and pecans and coating them in caramel or another type of sugar, notably. See more ideas about Food, Food recipes and Yummy food. You can have Pig Candy using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pig Candy
- You need 8 slice of bacon, halved (I use hickory smoked).
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar (I use dark).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (more if you like spicy!).
What could possibly be better than candy made of pig? Smokey, salty, spicy, sweet: yes please! And the best part is that it is. Upptäck mer musik, konserter, videor och bilder med den största katalogen online på Last.fm.
Pig Candy step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl (with lid), combine sugar and pepper.
- Add bacon. Cover & shake. Bacon needs to have an even thick layer (should not be able to see bacon through sugar mixture).
- Place bacon on a cooling rack over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for minimum cleanup).
- Place on top rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon. Flip. Add remaining sugar mixture to top of bacon.
- Bake for additional 5-7 minutes (until bacon appears cooked but sugar not burned).
- Let bacon cool on rack for 15 minutes..
- Serve whole strips or chop up to candy size and serve in dish.
- **My sister makes these for every tailgate party she hosts (for Arkansas Razorbacks! Go Hogs!).
Recipe for Candied Bacon from Kristin Donnelly's cookbook Modern Potluck: Beautiful Food to Share. Gluten Free Sherry Vinegar Cayenne Pepper Bacon Brown Sugar. Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads. When I first posted Pig Candy in the early stages of my original blog, nobody seemed to know anything about it. Prepare the brown sugar and cayenne pepper topping.