Sloppy Joe (Florida Style). If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
In a medium skillet, sauteé the onions, garlic, and peppers. Add and brown the ground beef over medium heat, then add the tomato. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe (Florida Style)
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped poblano pepper.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, minced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar-based hot sauce or bbq sauce.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 6 of onion buns.
Add in the green peppers and onions. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onion, and green pepper. Cook until beef is browned, and drain off excess grease. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and mustard, and season with cloves and salt.
Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) step by step
- Chop and prepare the onions, garlic, peppers and tomatoes..
- In a medium skillet, sauteé the onions, garlic, and peppers..
- Add and brown the ground beef over medium heat, then add the tomato. Drain off liquids..
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, tomato paste, vinegar, hot sauce, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the orange juice and season with salt and pepper..
- Serve on an onion bun!.
Sloppy Joe's are meant to be just what the name implies – a hardy or 'sloppy' sandwich that can appeal to any palate. Thus, the 'classic' is simply a chop meat 'mix,' typically some combination of things like ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, a non-spicy mustard, salt, lots of butter, cayenne, and black pepper. Helpful Tips for Making Sloppy Joes Family-Style. Use lean ground beef, and don't skip draining excess fat from the pan for the best end result. Ground turkey and ground chicken in the same amount will work beautifully, too.