Carrot beans poriyal. carrot beans stir-fry with step by step photo and video recipe. poriyal recipes are very common in south indian of veggies. one such hugely popular poriyal stir-fry recipe is carrot. One of the simplest poriyal / stir fry, carrot beans poriyal. I have been thinking of posting this for long time, then thought its too simple to post, but now thought it can help beginners or bachelors.
Carrot and Beans Poriyal is a classic South Indian preparation of the mixed stir fried vegetables. Steamed carrots and beans are seasoned with mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Carrot Beans Poriyal or also known as thoran, stir fry is one of easy side dish recipe which we can make in jiffy and it goes well with rasam, sambar or even any dal tadka/fry. You can have Carrot beans poriyal using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot beans poriyal
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped beans.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard Seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of chana dal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
Carrot Poriyal Recipe with step by step pics. Simple and easy to prepare carrot poriyal made with Poriyals are so easy and quick to prepare that you can easily make them as a quick lunch option or. Carrot Beans Poriyal Recipe – Ingredients. Carrot beans poriyal is the first poriyal recipe ( Palya in Kannada, Curry in Hindi, Thoran in Malayalam, Poriyal in Tamil) I learnt from my MIL after marriage.
Carrot beans poriyal step by step
- Take a pan heat oil.. once oil is hot add mustard seed. Once mustard is done add chana dal, curry leaves and asafoetida..
- Wait till the chana dal turns light brown colour. Add carrot and beans to it. Sprinkle water(do not pour it).
- Cook in medium flame. Both the vegetables will be cooked in 15 min.
- Once done add coconut to it..
- It's good to have with sambar rice and rasam..
Carrot Beans Poriyal is a healthy stir-fy. Finely chopped green beans and carrots are cooked with spices, coconut and finally tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Beans Carrot Poriyal is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Beans Carrot Poriyal by following this easy recipe. Usually beans is prepared separately and carrot is prepared as a separate poriyal.