Enchilada Casserole. This enchilada casserole was made for mix-ins. We especially love to layer in black beans and corn for a nutritious boost. Check out our best chicken enchilada recipes.
Pour ⅓ of mixture over tortillas then top with about ⅓ of each cheese. Budget-friendly ingredients like ground beef, plus a quick no-roll technique for putting them together, means this flavorful casserole is equal parts money- and sanity-saving. Enchilada Casserole is a comforting family favorite meal, perfect for weeknights. You can cook Enchilada Casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Enchilada Casserole
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can of Mexicorn, drained.
- You need 1 can (10 oz.) of enchilada sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 12 of (5") corn tortillas, divided.
- You need 2 cups (8 oz.) of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
The layers of tortillas, ground beef, beans, corn, and cheese, all smothered in red enchilada sauce will have you coming back for seconds! Cheesy, delicious beef enchiladas in casserole form! A tasty mixture of ground beef, corn tortillas, black olives, and green chilis awaits in this Texas-style, classic Mexican dish. This Beef Enchilada Casserole has layers of ground beef, beans, tortillas and cheese, all smothered in enchilada sauce and baked to perfection.
Enchilada Casserole instructions
- Cook beef and onion until done. Drain fat..
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients into meat mixture. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Place half of the tortillas in bottom of a greased 9 x 13" baking dish. Spoon half of the beef mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers..
- Bake 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream..
Serve this easy meal with a fresh tossed salad or a size of Mexican rice for an easy dinner that's sure to be a crowd pleaser! A Meal Everyone Will Love Evenly spread on top of the casserole the shredded cheese. The final dish should look like this! This delicious enchilada casserole is a real crowd pleaser! Putting together an enchilada casserole is simple.