Rice and Bean Burritos. Tasty burritos are filled with black beans and rice and can be garnished with your favorite toppings, including Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses An easy and expandable burrito base. Add bacon, avocado, pico de gallo, or whatever you wish. Sprinkle each burrito with Cheddar and Monterey Jack.
Some burrito purists insist that burritos should not be prepared with rice at all, and others insist that lettuce on a burrito is an anathema. These Rice & Bean burritos taste AMAZING, but are so easy to make! They're also freezer-friendly, which make them perfect for an easy Dinner, Meal Prep or a Grab-and-go Meal. You can cook Rice and Bean Burritos using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice and Bean Burritos
- It’s 8 of Burrito tortillas.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 6 oz of rice (you can use taco rice, white, etc.).
- Prepare 15 oz of can of red beans.
- You need 16 oz of salsa.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheese, halved.
- Prepare 2 of green onions.
- You need 1 of sour cream, optional.
Every time I see a recipe title with "the best" in it, I get a little dubious too. Today I'm showing you how to make some DELICIOUS Rice & Bean Burritos that are perfect for meal prep or an on-the-go meal as they are also freezer-friendly! Burritos are BIG in our household, like seriously big. I can't imagine a few days going by without wrapping up one of these little babies.
Rice and Bean Burritos instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Brown ground beef in skillet for about 5 minutes or until done. While browning beef, bring water, rice, and beans to a boil in seperate pot. Boil the mixture for about 7 minutes or until rice is tender..
- Once meat is done, set aside. Add the rice and bean mixture to beef..
- Add a half cup cheese and half cup of salsa and mix well..
- Spread a half cup salsa evenly to a 13×9 greased dish. Then fill your tortillas with about 3/4 cup of rice mixture and roll up. Put the seam side down in the dish..
- Once you have rolled all your burritos, spoon your remaining salsa down the center of burritos and sprinkle with cheese..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then garnish with chopped green onions, fresh tomatoes, and sour cream!.
Remember how easy those chicken burritos I made a few weeks ago were? well these burritos are very similar except with black beans and rice. All Reviews for Rice and Bean Burritos. Rice and Bean Burritos. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Beans, Rice & Cheese Burritos. featured in Budget-Friendly Freezer-Prep Burritos. These simple bean and rice burritos are packed with melted cheese, tender rice, and warm refried beans, and with just four ingredients, they're cheap and easy to make at home.