Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi. Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi Boiled cabbage leaves are stuffed with a mixture of rice and meat, rolled and cooked in lemon juice. This main dish can. more Cook Lebanese Beirut, Lebanon Before you jump to Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy. We all understand that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise.
Cover with the remaining batches of stuffed rolls and the remaining garlic. Spread some torn leaves on top. Mahshi Malfouf (Stuffed cabbage) is a very popular dish around the world, Central, Northern, Eastern Europe, West Asia, Northern China, as well as the Middle East. You can cook Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi
- Prepare 1 kg of cabbage, leaves separated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare of – For the stuffing:.
- You need 300 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Place some stuffing, depending on the size of leaf on the wide end of cabbage leaf and roll, tucking in ends while rolling. Continue until all leaves are stuffed. Cover bottom of a saucepan with trimmed ribs. Arrange rolls side by side in alternating layers, placing garlic pieces between rolls.
Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls – Warak malfoof mehshi instructions
- Boil 1 liter of water in a pan then add the cabbage leaves and the cumin. Cook for 3 min until leaves become tender. Remove them slowly, one at a time and place on a plate for cooling..
- Remove the stems of the boiled leaves and cut the leaves into squares..
- To prepare the stuffing: mix together the ground beef, rice, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Combine well..
- Place 2 teaspoons of the stuffing in the middle of each square cabbage leaf in a straight line. Roll the leaf over the stuffing while making sure to tuck in the ends so that the stuffing does not spill out..
- In a deep saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Layer the stuffed cabbage leaves inside the pan, making sure that they are arranged tightly one next to the other. Cover with water..
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together and pour them over the cabbage rolls..
- Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover the saucepan and cook the cabbage leaves over low heat for around 35 min or until the rice and meat are cooked. Turn off the heat and remove the plate..
- Serve the cabbage rolls in a serving dish displayed in layers..
Cabbage: Wash three heads of cabbage really well. Remove the outer green first layer. In a large enough pot boil each cabbage head, one at a time in unsalted water on high for about an hour. Similar to grape leaves, these cabbage rolls are filled with seasoned ground beef and rice. They are then cooked in a fresh beef broth along with the lemon juice and garlic.