Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting. Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting A moist chocolate cake layered and covered with a fluffy, creamy no bake cherry cheesecake. This cake needs a few hours for the cheesecake to firm up in the refrigerator for the best flavor an be easy to slice. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Next, layer cheesecake and top with chocolate icing. Place second chocolate cake and ice with frosting on top and on the sides. Sprinkle almonds on sides or top. You can have Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting using 23 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting
- It’s of FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules.
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- You need 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 2 1/2 of teaspooons baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Prepare of FOR CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING.
- Prepare 3-8 ounce of packages cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of good quality cherry preserves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of cold neavy whipping cream.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of cherry extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare of red, white and heart sprinkles as needed.
- Prepare of chocolate shavings as needed.
Not content with a simple cake with frosting, I decided to go in a slightly different direction and make a chocolate-peanut-butter cheesecake- but not just any cheesecake! A layered cheesecake, with a chocolate wafer crust and a shiny ganache glaze, adapted from my favorite food blogger, Deb at Smitten Kitchen. I added cherry preserves to frosting to make the filling, which made it too thin to add to the cake with a frosting ring. To use this technique, pipe a ring of buttercream around the edge of you cake layer, then spoon a generous amount of this cheesecake filling on the inside.
Chocolate Layer Cake with Cherry Cheesecake Filling and Frosting instructions
- Prehest oven to 3050. Spay a 10 inch cake pan with 3 inch sides with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk hot water, coffee granules and cocoa powder until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a third large bowl beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until well combined and pale, add oil and sour cream and stir in then stir in flour mixture, then cocoa mixtire until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out just clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- When cake is completely cool, cut it in half with a large sharp knife to have 2 layers.
- PREPARE CHERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, vanilla and cherry extract , salt and cherry preserves.
- In a seperate cold large bowl beat heavy whipping cream until it holds firm peaks.
- Fold whipped cream and cherry cream cheese mixture until uniform in color.
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate.
- Cover with 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Cover top and sides with temaing cherry cheese cake mixture.
- Garnish with red and white and heart sprinkles and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate at least 6hoursor overnight to firm up cheesecake.
Put a piece of parchment on the counter. Invert the cake onto it and peel off the parchment. This Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a moist chocolate cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk and cherry pie filling, and topped with a cheesecake whipped cream. This easy poke cake is so delicious! Do you love chocolate and cherries together?