Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend. Browse Our Fast And Easy Meatloaf Recipes Collection. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Ina Garten's key to a delicious meatloaf is to not pack the mixture of ground chuck, sauteed onions, dried breadcrumbs and eggs too densely.
Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. The secrets to this meatloaf are fresh, very finely diced vegetables that give it moisture and flavor–and a light touch in mixing together the ingredients. This hearty meatloaf is the perfect meal for cool fall and winter evenings, served with mashed potatoes and simple mushroom gravy. You can have Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of Sweet Italian sausage.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of dry stuffing mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small diced white onion.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bbq sauce.
- It’s of Salt, pepper to preference.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Ketchup (mix with 1T brown sugar optional) for topping.
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. Meatloaf is an old-school recipe that everyone should know how to make.
Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- While preheating mix everything (except topping) together, kneading by hand in large bowl..
- Form loaf, and place in loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour, putting topping on halfway through baking..
- Serve with sides of choice. Mashed potatoes and carrots chosen for photo..
It might not be the sexiest piece of food, but damn is it delish. Especially in a sandwich the next day OR with a fried egg. The best meat for meat loaf is any ground meat with a higher fat content. You can do a trio of beef, pork, and veal or stick with ground chuck. While you can substitute ground chicken or turkey for a healthy change, but just understand your meat loaf may not be as moist as the higher-fat varieties of meat.