Chilli con carne. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned. The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili con carne can refer to the authentic spicy dish of meat, chili peppers, beans, tomatoes, seasonings and spices. Check out the many different types of chili you can make! You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- Prepare of lean ground beef.
- You need of large onion, chopped.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- You need of tomato paste.
- It’s of beef stock.
- You need of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of hot paprika.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of can whole tomatoes.
- Prepare of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- You need of can sweet corn.
- It’s of molasses.
- Prepare of maple syrup.
How do you make chili con carne taste even better? Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble and set aside. Here's a new way to top off your chili! Sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over individual servings of the hot chili, then drizzle with a little ranch dressing and add a few chili-cheese-flavored corn chips.
Chilli con carne instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..
Chili con carne (also spelled chilli con carne or chile con carne and shortened to chili or chilli Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtʃili kon ˈkaɾne]), meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. Top with grated cheddar and chopped red onion. What is in Chili Con Carne?