Chili Mac and cheese. Chili Mac and Cheese tastes like your favourite Chili – with the added cheesy goodness of Mac & Cheese! There's plenty of food mash ups in the world. This delicious chili mac and cheese with ground beef, diced tomatoes, rich tomato sauce, chili beans and spices is cooked all in one pot–including the macaroni!
Mac and cheese remains one of our favorite meals no matter how old we get. This chili mac changes things up a bit and makes this a heftier meal that's very shareable. Make it in the dead of winter to awaken your soul and grab a spoon to dig in! You can have Chili Mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Mac and cheese
- It’s of ground beef (85% lean).
- Prepare of elbow macaroni.
- You need of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- It’s of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- It’s of cumin.
- Prepare of salt, divided.
- It’s of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Prepare of water.
Take two comfort food favorites and combine them into one cheesy skillet. Not too spicy, so perfect for a family meal (add hot sauce if you like heat!). Who can resist two favorite comfort foods combined into one? Chili Mac and Cheese – incredibly delicious quick and easy meal featuring two of your favorite comfort foods Chili and Mac and Cheese.
Chili Mac and cheese step by step
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
Mix the chili into the macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional Cheddar and the green onions. This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is two great comfort foods all in one! Meaty, cheesy, and delicious—kids will love this comforting dinner of this chili mac and cheese. But, that's not all, parents will love it too—it's quick and hearty, but not too heavy.