The Ultimate Meatball. This is the ultimate meatball when it comes to flavor and ease of preparation. Delicious over pasta or in meatball subs. Photo credit: Marc Matsumoto from No Recipes.
Bake the meatballs Check out The Meatball Matrix in the December issue of Men's Health. Meatballs are such a classic comfort dish, but there are many ways to prepare them and sauces to dress them in. What makes these meatball sandwiches stand out above the rest? You can cook The Ultimate Meatball using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Meatball
- It’s 4 of Italian Sausage links.
- You need 1 1/4 pound of ground beef (lean preferred).
- You need 6 slice of turkey bacon chopped (Any type of bacon. Smoked bacon works BEST).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of salt/Goya Adobo (red cap).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder/fresh garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of freshly minced/ground parsley and garlic (completely optional).
- It’s 2 of sliced of bread (crusts off).
- You need 1 cup of oil for frying (vegetable preferred).
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce (basil based preferred).
Well for starters, its shape which is similar to kofta kebabs, allows the sandwich to hold together better. View the abundant options on the Subway® menu and discover better-for-you meals! We are the Ultimate Meatball Company! He then deep fried the entire thing to perfection and placed inside a garlic bread bun that had been He calls it the "Italiano Dog." It might sound complicated, but it looks like it's actually pretty easy to.
The Ultimate Meatball step by step
- Remove sausage from casing and mix together with ground beef..
- Add in all of your spices. You can add your own spices. The ones listed are my usual. Mix the meat and spices together..
- Add the turkey bacon and mix the entire meat together. Make sure all the meats are blended and evenly distributed..
- Wet the crusted slices of bread and squeeze the water out of them. Put the bread in a plastic bag or in a durable bowl and flatten/mush it up until it gets pasty. Mix it in with your meat, making sure it is evenly distributed. Let the meat and your hands rest for 10-20 minutes..
- Form your meat balls and preheat your oil..
- Fry your meatballs until they are fully cooked. You can also boil/steam them. Frying works best..
- Heat up your sauce. When it starts to bubble, place your meatballs in it. Let them soak and simmer for about 10-15 minutes..
- Enjoy! Especially with a plate of pasta!.
Additional nutrition information available upon request. Browse the menu at left and add items to your meal. Meatball subs make a super tasty, indulgent meal. We like to cosy up inside on a weekend evening and eat Your Ultimate Menu is all about inspired, easy cooking. I do the thinking – you do the creating.