Smoky Thai cucumber salad. Smoky Thai cucumber salad It's like a cooked ceviche but has this nice sweet spicy smoky flavor with the refreshing hit of cucumber and tart of the shallots. I love Korean chili flakes (Gochugaru) because they have so much flavour but aren't overpowering when it comes to heat. They also make the salad pop visually!
On the side was obviously this cucumber salad and roasted carrots with a creamy nuoc cham dressing. And for dessert was the sweet coconut sticky rice I shared earlier this week! Maybe not the carrots, but the cucumber salad for sure would be a great side dish for just about anything. You can have Smoky Thai cucumber salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoky Thai cucumber salad
- Prepare 1/3 cup of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 of lime.
- Prepare 1 of chopped pepper (Thai chile).
- Prepare 2 of shallots brunoise.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber (your choice of cut).
- You need of Smoked trout (1/2 fillet).
This salad takes only five minutes to make and has a fantastic chilli-spiced, sweet and salty dressing to enhance the crunchy cucumber. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Sesame oil adds a light smoky flavor to this simple but refreshing salad. Thai Cucumber Salad This sweet and spicy salad is a great side..
Smoky Thai cucumber salad instructions
- Squeeze lime and Mix all liquids, salt chili & chili flakes into a bowl and make sure to stur well till sugar is incorporated.
- Mix Cut cucumber any way you want to serve.
- Cut shallots brunoise so they mix well into the entire salad.
- Mix all ingredients together and shred the trout fillet and place on top and serve.
Thai Cucumber and Cashew Salad Coconut Milk combined with A Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce Mix and Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, makes a delicious dressing for this refreshing salad.. Half-fill a bowl with water and ice. Add the cucumber, radish and onions. Drain, then add to the ice bowl with the other vegetables. Toss all the veg in a salad bowl with half the coriander.