Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. This easy to make Picadillo is a classic meat and potatoes dish bursting with flavour. There are many ways to cook Picadillo. Southern Fried Cabbage. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Full of bacon, caramalized onions, garlic and spices! The best and easiest recipe using simple ingredients. Southern-fried cabbage tastes like pure contentment. You can cook Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage
- It’s 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of Golden raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of sofrito.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dehydrated onion.
- It’s 2/3 head of cabbage.
- It’s 1 pound of red potatoes.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 15 ounce of can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of minced green olives.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of capers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
It's one of those meals that make you wanna do a happy dance when you eat it. In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the onions, green pepper and garlic until soft. Add the beef mixture, beef stock, tomato puree and tomato passata.
Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage step by step
- Wash and dice the potatoes, don't peel. Heat the oil and add the potatoes and ground beef..
- Chop the cabbage. Add the cabbage, salt, garlic, and dehydrated onions, to the potatoes and beef..
- Mince the olive, crush the capers, and add the raisins..
- Stir well. Cover and let simmer 15 minutes..
- Stir well add the rest of the ingredients cover and simmer till the potatoes are fork tender, also the cabbage tender..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Picadillo in the Philippines is a soupy concoction made with ground beef and potatoes or chayote squash, raisins, and tomatoes, but without green olives and capers. It is frequently served with white rice, fried plantains, and hard-cooked or fried eggs. Cuban Picadillo consists of flavorful ground beef, spices, green olives, boiled egg and raisins cooked in a delicious tomato sauce. When I was a teeny kid, my mother would make picadillo and it'd simply be fried diced potato with ground beef over rice. When you get cheap cabbage, you want to buy several heads.