Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie. All the great taste of classic sloppy joes in an easy one-skillet pot pie. No one will miss the buns! DIRECTIONS Brown the hamburger with the onion, celery and garlic; drain fat.
Fold dough and seal the edges using a fork. Brush the outsides with egg wash and place hand pies on the prepared baking sheet. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. You can have Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 can of Sloppy Joe Sauce.
- You need 2 cup of Original Bisquick Mix.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
Stir in tomato sauce, corn, water and sloppy joe seasoning; cook over medium heat until bubbly. Traditional shepherd's pie is made with beef, veggies, and seasonings and then topped off with mashed potatoes. We're sloppy joe-ing this recipe and using my tangy and sweet homemade sloppy joe sauce for this. Let's start by whipping up that sauce.
Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add ground beef, onions, and seasonings to a pan; cook until browned..
- Drain beef mixture; return to pan and add the sloppy Joe sauce..
- Mix together the Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs..
- Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish; cover the mixture with the Bisquick..
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top..
This was my Grandma's recipe for Sloppy Joes. It is very easy to make and uses items you probably already have in your pantry. Kids, as well as the adults, will love this All-American favorite. A slice of American cheese adds a nice touch. For an extra kick, add your favorite hot sauce to taste.