Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie. Minced Beef & Potato in a Buttery Shortcrust Pastry ***Apologies, I meant to say a 'teaspoon of salt' not a 'tablespoon'.*** Thanks for. How To BAKE Nigerian Meat Pie WITHOUT OVEN START TO FINISH (STEP BY STEP).
Nigerian Meat Pie is one of the meat snacks recipes made with minced meat, potato and carrot filling. Learn how to make the best Nigerian Meat Pie This gives the meat pie a golden brown look when done. This time will depend on the. You can have Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 250 g of cold margarine.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- It’s of Scotch bonnets.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Irish potatoes.
- It’s of Carrots.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Corn flour.
- It’s of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Ginger (fresh or dried).
- It’s of Ajinomoto.
Nigerian meat pie is a classic masterpiece. It is usually the first choice among Nigerian snacks and easily accessible even on Nigerian streets. Gently remove from the oven after baking, allow pies to rest a little bit before serving. West African Meat pie or the Nigerian Meat pie is light and slightly Flaky and it's stuffed with well seasoned Ground Beef (minced Beef), Potatoes and carrots.
Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie step by step
- In a bowl, add all ur dry ingredients (flour,salt,sugar,baking powder) and mix.
- Add the cold butter in cuts into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is mixed together.
- Break the egg and add then mix again.
- Add cold water in bits until a dough is formed. NB: do not add too much water, sprinkle the water if necessary so as not to make the dough watery or soggy… the dough would look like this. Keep it in the fridge for Atleast 30mins..
- For the filling, heat up little oil and add ur minced meat. Add garlic,onions,scotch bonnets,salt,seasoning,thyme,curry,ajinomoto (optional)..
- Allow to cook for about 5mins, then add water and add ur potatoes. Allow to cook until the potatoes are cooked. Then you add carrots and onions.
- Mix corn starch and water, and then add then allow to simmer for a minute then turn off the heat. That is the final product in the pic.
- Take out ur dough from the fridge and cut them into 8.
- Roll each piece and place on a pie cutter, rub egg to the edges and add the filling and clip.
- After clipping, and removing the edges, butter up ur tray and arrange. After that rub egg onto the pies(for glowing🤣). Add to ur preheated oven and bake till golden brown. And walaaaa! Ur final product.
Don't be intimidated by the thoughts of making the Nigerian pie. The Nigerian Meatpie has an unjustifiable reputation for being hard to make. Nigerian Meat Pie is a delicious Nigerian snack,filled with precooked veggies and minced Preparing ingredients for the Nigerian Meat pie : **Grind or mince the meat, if you haven't done that yet. m. Nigerian Meat pie is one of Nigeria's popular street snack and it's easy to make. When baking, I always recommend using a kitchen instead of cup measurements.