Meat pie. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef. A great recipe for leftover meat!
Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Meat Filling: Heat the oil in a large pot. When pork is cooked remove fat from pan. You can cook Meat pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- It’s 6 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 500 g of Butter.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of egg for glazing the meat pies.
- You need of (For the filling) minced meat.
- You need of Irish potato.
- It’s of Veggies (optional).
- Prepare of Maggi.
- Prepare of Albasa.
The pie came out tasting almost exactly like the ones we used to make! I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Natchitoches (pronounced Nack-uh-dish) Meat Pies, stuffed with meaty filling and surrounded by a flaky pastry crust, are a Louisiana specialty, hailing from the Central Louisiana town of Natchitoches.
Meat pie step by step
- Da farko zaki zuba flour a roba saiki zuba butter, ki murjeshi sosai sannan saiki zuba sugar,baking powder da salt ki motsa.
- Sannan kisa egg, bayan haka saiki dinga zuba ruwa ahankali har sai yahaɗe jikinshi kuma yamaki kaurin dakikeso.
- Sai kiyi kneading ɗinshi sosai..
- Haɗin filling ɗin kuma zaki yanka albasa ƙanana kisa mai kaɗan a pan saiki zuba minced meat ɗinki kiɗan soyashi kaɗan.
- Ki yanka dankalin ƙanana saiki zuba acikin naman sannan saiki haɗa flour paste kijuye aciki kisa maggi, curry, garlic ki motsa, idan harda vegetables zaki zuba saiki zuba sannan kisa ruwa kaɗan yadda zasu ɗan dahu.
- Saiki ɗauko dough ɗinki ki ɗiba kaɗan kisa rolling pin kibuɗa sannan kisa abinda kikeda shi na fidda shape ɗinda kikeso sannan kisa fillings ɗin aciki kirufe bakin da fork.
- Bayan kingama saiki shafa ƙwai a bayan meat pie ɗin sannan saiki gasa..
They're similar to an empanada with slightly different seasonings and close to a tourtiere, too. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch. The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! These Meat pies are a comfort to the soul and a delight to the palate.