Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. ВОСПРОИЗВЕСТИ ВСЕ. Pepper Steak and Mushroom Meat Pie Recipe.
A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can cook Meat pie using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- It’s of for the dough.
- It’s 4 cups of plain flour.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 250 Grams of Margarine/ Baking butter.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Cold Water.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of for the fillings.
- You need 300 Grams of Minced Meat.
- You need 1 of Big Irish Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Big Carrot.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 2 table spoon of plain flour.
- It’s 11/2 Cup of Water.
- You need 1 of Cooking spoon Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 of seasoning cubes.
- You need of spices.
- You need to taste of salt.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! These small meat pies come from Tajik cuisine , but were traditionally cooked in Russia. In the Soviet era they used to sell hot belyashi from big pots right on the corners of busy streets, where hungry.
Meat pie step by step
- Dice your potatoes, onions and carrots and set aside..
- Place a pot or wok on a hob on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, when it’s hot, add the onions and sauté till translucent.
- Now add the mince meat, stir thoroughly to break up clumps. Fry for 2-3 minutes or till it loses its pinkness.
- Add the diced potatoes and carrots, then add a cup of water, also add the seasoning cubes, thyme, curry powder, garlic powder and salt to taste, cover and let it cook till the vegetables are soft.
- While that’s cooking, mix 2 tablespoons of flour with 1/2 cup of water, mix till you get a milky consistency and set aside. When the vegetables are well cooked, add the flour and water mixture, mix thoroughly….
- Now switch the heat off and let it continue to simmer with the residual heat for 2-3 minutes.
- The dough method.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together then sift to get rid of clumps….
- Add the margarine/ baking butter.
- Mix the margarine with the flour till you get a bread crumbs like consistency.
- Create a little well in the mixture, add the water gradually, be careful not to pour it all in at once, you may not need it all..
- Work and knead the dough till you get a thick and non sticky dough. Now wrap it up in cling film and leave for about 1 hour.
- Break an egg into a small plate, whisk and set aside. After an hour, take out the dough and place on a flat surface. You’ll notice the consistency of the dough has improved and is more manageable.
- Now knead for a bit, be careful not to over knead. Now cut the dough into smaller pieces and roll. Get yourself a dough cutter or just a saucepan lid and cut out circles. The size of the circle will depend on your intended pie size.
- Now scoop up 1-2 tablespoons of filling unto the middle of the cut out dough; making sure there’s enough room to seal it up..
- Now, rub the egg mixture on the edges of the dough, this will help seal it up properly Now close it up and use a fork to press down the edge, you can also use meatpie cutter.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough, rolling, cutting and filling till you’ve exhausted your dough and filling then place all your pies all on the baking tray and lightly glaze the top of each pie with the whisked egg.Now place the tray in the pre heated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes..
Find meat pie stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Nigerian meat pie recipe – cameroonian meat pie – african meat… Precious Core.