Meat pie recipe. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! Nothing warms you up like a rich pie, loaded with meat, vegetables and gravy. Go retro with the Go retro with the Hairy Bikers' Corned beef pie, spoil yourself with a luxurious steak and ale pie, or keep.
This meat pie can be made with ground beef, ground pork. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! You can have Meat pie recipe using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie recipe
- It’s of Making the dough.
- It’s 1kg of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of of baking powder.
- Prepare 500g of margarine.
- Prepare 2 pinches of of salt.
- It’s half cup of of cold water.
- You need of For the meat fillings.
- It’s 2 medium of Irish potato.
- It’s 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 500g minced of meat.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 2 cubes of seasoning.
- You need 2 tablespoon of of plain flour.
- Prepare a teaspoon of of thyme.
- Prepare a cup of of cold water.
- It’s to taste of salt.
These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Nigerian Meat Pie is one of the meat snacks recipes made with minced meat, potato and carrot filling.
Meat pie recipe instructions
- Peel the Irish potato and scrape the carrots, wash and cut these two into tiny cubes.
- Wash and slice the onions into tiny pieces.
- With your cooker or stove set to medium heat, heat the vegetable oil in a pot add the diced onions and stir.
- Add minced meat and stir vigorously till the minced meat turns pale.
- Add a cup of water, seasoning cubes and thyme.
- Cover pot and once the content of the pot starts boiling, add diced carrots and potatoes.
- Cook till everything is done.
- Dissolve 2 table spoon of plain flour in half cup of cold water and add to the meat pie filling so as to keep the filling from drying up while baking.
- Add salt to taste, Stir the content and turn off heat and Set aside.
- Preparing the dough: Put 1kg of flour in a sizeable bowl, Add 2 teaspoon of baking powder and 2 pinches of salt.
- Use the tablespoon to scope the margarine in a small bit into the bowl of flour. The smaller u make the bit of flour the easier it will be to be mixed into flour.
- Now start adding cold water in bit while at the same time folding the mix till a stiff ball of dough is formed, Knead the dough very well, put back in the bowl and leave to rest for 5-7 minutes; This makes the dough ore elastic.
- Set your oven to 170°c and leave to pre heat; Rub margarine on the inside of the oven to prevent the neat pies from getting burnt while baking, Knead the dough some more. Use a cutter to make round cuts on the rolled out dough. Remove the excess dough leaving behind the round cuts.
- Scoop some meat pie filling into the center of the round dough leaving behind the round cuts the quantity should be such that you can comfortably close the dough without overflows. Whisk egg, Rub the egg on the inside edge of the cut meat pie dough. This is to ensure that your meat pie is perfectly sealed and does not open up while it is being baked.
- Fold one part of the dough to meet the other end then use a fork to press the two edges together, Set the tray in the pre heated oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Note this time depends on the type of oven and heating capacity of your oven. The meat pie is done when it browns.
The recipe detailed here will help you make the best meat pie recipe. Peruse the best meat-pie recipes the U. Pescatarian and vegetarian types: You'll find temptation in the. Nigerian meat pie recipe – cameroonian meat pie – african meat… Precious Core. Best Easy Wheat Meat Pie (Beef Pie) Chef Lola's Kitchen.