Scalloped Potato Pie.
You can cook Scalloped Potato Pie using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potato Pie
- Prepare 10 of potatoes.
- It’s 500 gm of Minced beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of tomato paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Some melted butter for brushing.
Scalloped Potato Pie instructions
- Peel and clean potatoes and slice thinly using a mandolin or knife. Soak in cold water.
- Put minced beef in a cooking pot and add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, taco seasoning and soy sauce.
- Put the cooking pot on the cooker on medium high heat. Stir to mix everything together and cover. Let the meat cook for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so..
- The meat is ready when the liquid has dried up and the oils from the meat has released into the pot and the bottom of the pan has started browning.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and tomato paste and mix. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes on low heat..
- While the meat is cooking, drain the potatoes and dry them off using a kitchen towel.
- After 15 minutes tomatoes should have cooked and the meat should look something like this. Not too dry and not too wet. It is ready.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Transfer the cooked meat into a greased oven safe dish and spread it evenly..
- Start layering the dry potato slices on top of the meat. Season the potatoes with some salt and black pepper before adding another layer.
- Keep adding layers until all the potatoes are done, remembering to season between layers. Once done cover the dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes uncover and brush potatoes with some melted butter..
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and golden brown..
- Let it rest on the counter for 15 minutes before serving.