Meat pie a la Brad.
You can have Meat pie a la Brad using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie a la Brad
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of large celery stalk.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- You need 1 clove of (6 or 7 teeth) garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 of large portabello mushrooms cut into 2 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground meat (lamb or beef pref).
- It’s 1 can of favorite beans (I used black beans).
- You need 1/2 cup of soup stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of creamy dressing.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of pie crust uncooked.
- It’s 1 of pouch instant mashed potatoes (6 servings, 2 cups unprepared).
Meat pie a la Brad instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450 f. Also preheat a large skillet with the olive oil..
- Dice the onion and add to pan over med low heat. Meanwhile dice the carrot and celery adding to the hot onion..
- Season! Add garlic (i used a garlic press but minced mashed or chopped all work depending on personal taste)sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss in the butter and dried herbs..
- Once everything starts to brown remove from pan but keep warm to be re-added later. Put empty pan on med high heat..
- Add mushrooms to pan and sweat that excess liquid out. A pinch of salt will help but don't over do it. The mushrooms suck up any extra butter and oil residue left in the pan and shrink in size..
- Add the mushrooms to the veggie mix already set to the side. Add the meat to the pan and cook till brown. Drain the excess grease..
- Return everything to the pan plus the drained and rinsed beans. Mix well..
- Sauce time. I always try to keep bone stock on hand and used chicken veg. Plus some creamy dressing left from wing night. Add 1/2 of the cheese. Mix it up!.
- Press a crust in a glass 9inch pie pan.
- Add the meaty cheesey veggie blend to crust and top with 1/2 remaining cheese, then mashed potatoes and then the rest of the cheese..
- Oven time! Top rack with a pan beneath for drip catching. 25-30 min or until browned peaks of potatoes and melted cheese are too tempting..
- Let it cool at least 5 min before attempting to cut. Serve hot..