Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies). A little meat pie; made extraordinary by the folks in Baalbeck (the number one tourist destination in Lebanon, site of incredible Roman This is about the best recipe I have seen for sfiha. Learn how to cook Lebanese meat pies. Music by Tommy Zarick, Song title "Meat down the street".
Sfiha, Lam Bi'ajeen or Sfeeha Lebanese meat pies are savory pastries that are filled with ground beef or lamb, onions, tomatoes, tahini, and much more. Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas are savory pastries that are traditionally served like pizzas or as little triangles of doughy bread stuffed with a. See more ideas about Lebanese meat pies, Lebanese recipes, Lebanese cuisine. You can have Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies)
- You need 2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of warm water.
- It’s 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 small of green pepper, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of seven spices Or Allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of pomegranate syrup.
These "Arab pizzas" called lahm bi ajin (or sfiha) date back to the fifteenth century and would have appeared in the region of the Beqaa Valley in Eastern Lebanon. The traditional open-faced meat pie is popular throughout the Arab region, its main ingredients usually including minced lamb, chopped onions and Originally, the dish was prepared by stuffing ground lamb and spices in brined grape leaves, but it evolved over time. Sfiha is also popular in Brazil and. • Sfeeha (Lebanese Meat Pies). Are you ready guys to make with me an extra ordinary Lebanese crowd-pleaser?
Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies) step by step
- Mix all the ingredients up to the warm water. Add enough warm water to make a dough that is not sticky. Cover and let rise for 2 hours..
- Brown meat in a pot on the stove top..
- Add onions, green pepper, and salt. Cook for about 5 min. or until onions become translucent..
- Add all the spices and mix for another 3 min..
- Add pomegranate syrup, which can be found in the middle eastern sections at your grocery store.Mix and let cook for an additional 2 min..
- Let mixture cool..
- When dough has doubled in size, take it all out onto a floured surface and break off into little balls..
- Cover them with a cloth and begin rolling out one ball into a flat round..
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of cooled meat mixture onto the center of the flat round..
- Pinch edges to make it look like an eye..
- Place on an oiled pan. Continue with the rest of the dough balls..
- Bake at 350° on the bottom rack first. Make sure the bottoms are browned. Then put them on the top rack and brown the tops..
- Serve next to some Greek Yogurt. Great to dip..
I am guessing most of you have an idea about these Lebanese meat pies which we call in Lebanon sfeeha. They are served as part of the Lebanese mezze or as a main dish. Lebanese meat pies are flavorful flat bread pies with spicy ground meat toppings. Check our easy meat pie recipe to prepare it as a meal or as hors The meat pie recipe we're featuring here is the recipe that mom makes at home. Apparently it can be made differently but we LOVE this version!