Baked Meat pie(1). NO oven baked Meat pie recipe Nigerian. She is French so I believe this is a French Meat Pie. Beef, pork, and potato are all nicely spiced and baked into a pie.
Shortcrust pastry filled with slow cooked chunky pieces of beef in a rich gravy topped with golden puff pastry, this meat pie recipe requires Pie crust base – shortcrust pastry (homemade or store bought) fitted into pie tins then blind baked so they don't go soggy once filled. View top rated Baked meat pie recipes with ratings and reviews. French Meat Pie, Savoury Turkey Veronique Rustic Meat Pie, Vegetable Meat Pie, etc. You can have Baked Meat pie(1) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Meat pie(1)
- You need of Flour 4,1/2 cups.
- Prepare 1 cup of Melted butter/Oil.
- It’s pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- You need of For the fillings.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet(Attaruhu).
- Prepare of Onion.
- You need cube of Maggi.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Spices.
Meat Filling: Heat the oil in a large skillet, over Can be frozen for a month. Bake the frozen Meat Pies as above. But you will need to bake them a few minutes longer than stated above. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks.
Baked Meat pie(1) instructions
- Add all the dough ingredients in a bowl and knead well,allow to rest for 5mins..
- Marinate the minced meat with scotch bonnet,onion, salt,maggi and spices for 3hrs,cook and stir fray with little oil..
- Scoop some dough and roll flat,use a circle shape cutter to cut out two circles..
- Add the fillings,and brush the edges with flour gel(mixture of flour +water)then place the other dough and press fork.Arrange on a baking tray and bake..
- Yummy yummy….
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! Baking powder is used to puff bread and other pastries up. Since a meat pie does not need to puff up, baking power is not needed. English meat pies are beloved all over the world! English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers.