Ground Beef & Veggie Pies with Flaky Pastry. Ground beef, minced beef or beef mince is beef that has been finely chopped with a knife or a meat grinder (American English) or mincing machine (British English). It is used in many recipes including hamburgers and spaghetti Bolognese. Ground beef is simply beef that has been ground or finely chopped.
If you've got ground beef on hand, then a delicious meal is never out of reach. It's time to branch out from burgers. Have a bunch on hand and not sure what to. You can have Ground Beef & Veggie Pies with Flaky Pastry using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef & Veggie Pies with Flaky Pastry
- You need 470 g of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 2 of tomatoes, grated.
- Prepare 100 g of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 80 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt & freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 6-7 of pastry sheets.
- You need 150 g of melted margarine.
- You need as needed of flour for rolling out.
When beef is ground, far more surface area is created on all the minute pieces of meat than existed on a single hunk of meat. Consequently, ground beef must have no pink inside when cooked. This video explores the myth that it is always better to buy ground beef that has been ground from a whole muscle. Korean beef bowls are quick and easy to make.
Ground Beef & Veggie Pies with Flaky Pastry step by step
- Heat 80ml olive oil in a wide pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and stir for 2min..
- Add the beef and break it up with a fork until it becomes granular. When it turns grey, add the carrot. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon..
- Continue with the green and red pepper, the garlic and the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper..
- When all the liquid has evaporated, remove from the heat. Add the parmesan, stir well and let the mixture cool completely..
- Put the first piece of dough onto your bench. Sprinkle with flour..
- Roll out a rectangular pastry sheet, 35 x 25cm / 13.7” x 9.8”. Brush the excess flour..
- Brush with melted margarine. Spread some filling in the middle and fold the left side..
- Spread some filling and fold the right side. Brush with melted margarine, fold in half and brush again..
- Transfer onto a paper lined baking tray and flip it. Flatten it with your hand and brush with melted margarine. Repeat the process once more..
- Roll out another pastry sheet and cut it in half. Take each half and cover the prepared pies. Flatten with your hands and set aside..
- Prepare another pastry sheet and brush with margarine. Put filling along the bottom edge and roll it into a log..
- Transfer onto a paper lined baking tray and repeat the process..
- Brush with margarine and prick them with a fork..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200⁰C / 400⁰F for 30-35 min until they’re golden brown. Enjoy!.
The ingredients can easily be adjusted to suit your I normally make mine with just ground beef and they still taste great. I've used the combination of pork. Ground beef is basically beef that's been ground or finely chopped, and it's also historically been called hamburger since it's the main component of one of America's favorite dishes. Ground beef is the most versatile of meats: You can shape it into patties or meatballs, or serve it in Ground beef comes from the trim – beef that wasn't cut neatly into a steak or wasn't the right shape. Ground beef casseroles tend to be easy to make, inexpensive and totally satisfying!