You can cook Meat Sauce using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Sauce
- It’s of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Ground Turkey or Lean Ground Beef.
- It’s of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Fresh or Dried Basil.
- You need of Red Wine.
Meat Sauce instructions
- Brown Ground Meat in a large pot. Salt and pepper meat to your taste..
- Add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add wine and cook about one minute.
- Add all 4 regular size cans of tomato sauce. Rinse each can with a splash of water and add to pot..
- Salt and pepper sauce to your taste. If using dried basil, add now. You can adjust basil amount to your tatse..
- Bring to a boil, turn to low and let simmer partly covered for 3.5 hours stirring occasionally. If using fresh basil, add for last 30 minutes. You can put sauce directly onto cooked pasta. Use for a lasagna or lasagna roll ups. You options are endless! It also freezes very well for up to 3 weeks..