Turkish lentil soup. In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup! It's a very popular soup recipe in Turkey. Smooth, spicy, and nutritious, Turkish Red Lentil Soup is simple to make and is best served with a squeeze of lemon and drizzle of paprika-infused oil.
Our trip to Istanbul this past autumn was hands-down one of the most delicious trips of my life. Easy Turkish Red Lentil Soup with carrots, turkish spices, red lentils. Our Turkish red lentil soup recipe is a favourite for us. You can have Turkish lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish lentil soup
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 large of potato.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salcha.
- It’s 150 grams of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1 of seasoning black pepper and salt to your taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of enough hot water to cover.
- It’s 1 of if you dont have salcha which is pepper paste just use tomato paste and add a small bit more chilli.
Red – and green – lentils are a staple of most Turkish kitchens and, since living in Turkey, our kitchen has been no different. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the making: Having been disappointed by too many lentil. Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse.
Turkish lentil soup step by step
- in a pot place add the oil then chopped onion. at a medium heat sautee them and add salcha chopped carrots and chopped potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. add the washed and drained red lentils, seasoning and hot water and stock cube. stir well. cook on a low heat for 30-45 minutes..
- at the end add pepper and chilli flakes and butter and mix in..
- take pot off the heat and blend with a soup blender until smooth..
- my husband squeezes lemon over it when eating i personally dont but add if its to your taste. ENJOY.
Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup. It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. Children love the Turkish soup and it' s also vegan.