Roast Pork Loin.
You can cook Roast Pork Loin using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast Pork Loin
- You need of FOR PORK.
- You need of 2 to 6 pound one in pork loin roast.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of FOR PORK SEASONING.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- You need of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare of hot sauce, such as Franks red ot.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of FOR GRAVY.
- It’s of pork stock, recipe attached in direction step #9 Note, If you don't want to make pork stock use a mixture of low sodium chicken broth and low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare of pan drippings from roast pork, add butter if there isnot enoughto equal 2 tablespoons.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
Roast Pork Loin step by step
- Preheat oven to 500. Have a roasting pan sprayed with non stick spray ready large enough to hold your roast..
- Score the fat on the top of the pork loin with a sharp knife, not cutting through to the flesh.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Sear pork in hot oil concentrating on browning the fat and quick searing the sides and bottom about 5 minutes total time..
- Mix all.seasoning ingredients small.bowl.
- Brush pork all over lightly with seasoning blend, this makes enough for a large roast if your roast is small.you will not use it all. Just a light coating is needed.
- Place pork roast in prepared baking pan. Bake only 5 minutes at the 500°F then without opening the oven door decrease the oven temperature to 350°F. Roast 40 minutes for the first 2 pounds of meat and 15 minutes for each additional pound of meat.. The internal temperature should be 145 to 150. Remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes before carving..
- Meanwhile make gravy. Heat roasting pan with the 2 tablespoons pork drippings ,whisk in flour until blendeded cook on low 2 minutes.
- Add pork stock (recipe attached below).and simmer until.it is.to your desired thickness. Serve with pork. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352087-pork-stock.
- Serving size will depend on the size of pork loin you cook. For a 2 pound roast it will feed 3 to 4 people. A larger 6 pound roast should feed 6 to 8 people with sides.