You can have Spicy Jambalaya using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Jambalaya
- It’s 1-28 oz of can whole peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare of ~3 cups chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of chicken thighs.
- It’s of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 lb of cooked andouille sausage.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 3 of jalapenos.
- You need 4 of celery ribs.
- You need 1-2 of habaneros.
- Prepare 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of dry thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 cups of long grain rice.
- It’s 3/4 lb of raw deveined shrimp.
Spicy Jambalaya instructions
- Strain tomatoes and juice to medium bowl. Add stock to total 4 cups..
- Preheat oven to 325. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In Dutch oven, heat oil until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, turning to brown both sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes, them cut into 1/2" chunks..
- Add sausage to Ditch oven and cook until starting to darken, about 3 minutes: lower heat and add oil to prevent burning. Add veggies, stirring and scraping to prevent burning. Cook until veggies turn lightly golden, about 8 minutes..
- Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add hot sauce, spices, and plenty of pepper. Add liquid mix, chicken, bay leaves, and salt..
- Stir in rice and bring to a simmer. Cover with lid and transfer to oven. Bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Gently stir in shrimp and return to oven to cook for 5 minutes. Remove, cover, and let rest for 15 minutes..