Lasagna. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products. It couldn't be easier to make.
Your ingredient options when making lasagna are virtually endless. You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot"). You can have Lasagna using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- You need 3/4 fluid ounce of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/4 pounds of ground beef, brown.
- You need 1/2 pound of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 4 ounces of onions, — diced small.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, fresh — chopped.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 16 ounces of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 3 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 ounces of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of dry basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- It’s 2 of each egg.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 32-36 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 9-12 of lasagna noodles, you may need to adjust number based on brand size. Each layer has the same number per layer.
Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic لَوْزِينَج (lawzīnaj, "almond cake"). Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners. I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. Lasagna is simply the best food ever!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, and saute the ground beef and Italian sausage and onions cook until browned. Add seasoning. Drain any excess grease, and set mixture aside..
- In mixing bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, basil,salt,pepper and granulated garlic. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add eggs and mix well and set aside the mixture..
- To assemble the lasagna, spray the 9 x 13 pan with pan spray, place about 10 ounces of tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan, then place 3 noodles..
- Spread out all of the meat mixture and about 8 ounces of tomato sauce spread evenly and sprinkle little mozzarella over the layer. It is important to have the sauce and meat mixture go to the edges..
- Place 3 more noodles over that layer and evenly spread the ricotta cheese mixture. Place the final 3 noodles on top lightly pressing down and pour the remaining sauce.It is important to have the sauce even and to the edges. I like to lightly tap the pan against the counter to encourage settling..
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees uncover and bake for an addition 10 minutes or until it gets a light browning on the cheese. Remove from oven, let rest for 15 minutes before cutting..
- I do not cook the Lasagna noodles they cook with the sauce and help give a firm lasagna. If you want to follow the package directions and add the cooked Lasagna sheets.
Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too! You can even serve it with eggs for breakfast. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with Here's a few tips on how do you make perfect zucchini lasagna: Start by cutting the zucchini ribbons. A lasagna is usually packed with enough good things like cheese, meat, and even veggies to make it totally satisfying all on its own, but it's always nice to pair it with a simple side dish (like a green salad.