Sausage roll. A sausage roll is a savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations. CRISPY SAUSAGE ROLL: NIGERIAN SAUSAGE ROLLS STEP BY STEP The traditional British sausage roll is so quick and easy to make, plus it is the perfect snack or party food and can be served hot or cold.
No, not those cold, greasy supermarket sausage rolls. a real homemade sausage roll that's warm and buttery and has a quality filling. Sausage rolls are Australia's answer to America's Pigs in a Blanket – but (I'm going to say it!!) So much better!!! A juicy homemade sausage mixture wrapped in puff pastry. You can cook Sausage roll using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage roll
- Prepare 1 of and a half cup flour.
- You need pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Yeast.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Milk.
- Prepare of Sausage links 9 pieces.
Here they are: the nation's most-loved, most-cooked sausage rolls. With everything from healthier chicken and vegetable to truly Aussie beef classics to new. Sausage rolls make a great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold. We've given the classic sausage roll a makeover by using spicy chorizo in the filling.
Sausage roll instructions
- Add yeast and sugar 2geda with the milk and mix 2geda and leave 4 about 2-5mins aside until well activated.
- In another bowl, mix your dry ingredients add flour, salt, sugar mix 2geda n set aside.
- Check d yeast if it foams it is good, then add butter and 1 egg into d dry ingredients mixture n yeast. mix 2geda using hands until soft dough is formed.
- Turn d dough into a floured work surface n knead d dough 4 atleast 7 to 8mins until smooth n elastic.
- Transfer d dough into a large bowl n rub the dough with some melted butter or cooking oil to prevent d dough from sticking around d bowl. Cover it up to rise 4 about 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- While d dough is resting, cook sausage links in boiling water for 7mins and set aside 2 cool.
- Prepare your baking tray by rubbing butter n dusting with flour evenly around d pan 2 prevent it from sticking.
- Check your dough, punch down d dough 2 remove excess trapped air, transfer to your work surface n sprinkle d work surface with flour, divide d dough into 10 equal parts take each piece of cut out dough n roll them out into a slightly thick long roll.
- Roll d dough out and wrap it around d sausage until you are done with all d sausage one by one by leaving spaces at both ends of the sausage bcoz d dough will rise one more time b4 baking.
- Arrange d sausage roll on d baking tray n cover, allow to rise for another 30 mins. After done, brush the sausage with egg wash (mixture of 1 egg n 1 tbsp of water)..
- Bake d sausage for about 12mins or until golden brown.
Sausage Rolls are a must-have for potlucks, Game Day parties, and holiday gatherings. Made with pizza dough and fresh sausages, they're like grown-up pigs in a blanket! I have been making my own Sausage Rolls for years, and I noticed that the original recipe had excluded onions. I always add finely chopped onions to the sausagemeat along with breadcrums. Sausage rolls are classic pub food for a reason.