One-Pot Tomato Pasta with Fennel Sausage Meatballs. Add the sausage to a large pot on medium high. Add sliced fennel, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and Add the cooked pasta, the grated parmesan, and the mozzarella pearls. Stir until well combined and heated through.
This pasta dish requires only one pan, few basic. I really look forward to sharing this type of Instant Pot recipe because I know so many of you share my enthusiasm for meals you can dump in the instant pot and have dinner ready and nearly the snap of your fingers. This pasta is especially kid-friendly and I'm. You can cook One-Pot Tomato Pasta with Fennel Sausage Meatballs using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One-Pot Tomato Pasta with Fennel Sausage Meatballs
- You need 1 can of whole tomatoes (400 g).
- Prepare 120 g of penne or other short pasta (2 servings).
- It’s 1/2 of onion, sliced thin.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of dried red chili or 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of grated Parmesan or other hard cheese.
- You need of [Fennel Sausage].
- You need 1/2 lb of fatty ground pork (about 200 g).
- It’s 1 of small clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds, lightly ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black peppercorns, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 2 tsp of red wine (optional).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
Make this One-Pot Creamy Sausage Pasta Recipe Your Own! Ground sausage and fresh chicken sausage work equally well in this versatile one-pot sausage pasta dish. I usually use a jar of Trader Joe's marinara sauce – of course, any marinara will do – but I have also used crushed tomatoes. Some people find this "one pot" style of cooking pasta a little tricky, so let me give you a few pointers.
One-Pot Tomato Pasta with Fennel Sausage Meatballs step by step
- Mix the sausage ingredients together and form into several small meatballs. Set aside for now..
- Heat a little oil in a medium pot and sauté the onions and garlic until very soft..
- Add the can of whole tomatoes to pot and break them up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula..
- Pour in 1 cup of water and toss in the red chili. Bring to a boil..
- After it starts to boil, turn to low and mix in 1 tsp salt and the pasta..
- Cover with lid and cook on low for the time stated on the pasta package. Give it a stir a couple times during the cooking so the pasta doesn't stick to the pot..
- Right after you add the pasta to the sauce, prepare the meatballs: Heat about 1 Tablespoon oil in a frying pan and cook the meat balls on each side until lightly browned..
- About 2 or 3 minutes before the pasta gets done cooking, carefully mix in the meatballs into the pasta and sauce..
- When the pasta and meatballs are done cooking, dish out and top with a little parsley and grated chees..
The amount of water or broth you will need will vary with the size and shape of pasta that you use. As you near the end of the cooking time, take note of the amount of liquid in the bottom of. Add the fennel seeds and cook for a few secs. Tip in the tomatoes with half a can of water, then stir in the tomato purée. Drain; return to pasta pot and toss with tomato mixture.