Chipotle Beef Roast (Slow Cooker).
You can have Chipotle Beef Roast (Slow Cooker) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chipotle Beef Roast (Slow Cooker)
- Prepare of bottom round beef roast (3- 4 lbs).
- It’s of canola oil.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- It’s of beef broth (14.5 oz).
- You need of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz).
- Prepare of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 oz can) ***SEE NOTE on amount to use***.
- It’s of chili powder.
- You need of basil.
- You need of ground cumin.
- You need of cinnamon.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of sliced lime.
Chipotle Beef Roast (Slow Cooker) step by step
- Salt and pepper beef roast and sear roast in a tablespoon of oil. Place in crock pot..
- Place garlic, onions, beef broth, diced tomatoes and all seasonings on top (besides salt and pepper). As for the chipotle peppers – add 3 large whole peppers and 2 scant tablespoons of adobo sauce into crock pot. ***I think this adds the perfect amount of smokey flavor and heat. If you're concerned about it being too much – I'd reduce the sauce to a tablespoon and only add 2 peppers***.
- Give everything a stir to get it all blended. Cover and cook on low for about 7-8 hours. I was pressed for time when I made this last – so I cooked on low for four hours and on high for two hours. Was perfect!.
- Shred meat. Remove and discard peppers. Spoon juices and tomatoes & onions from crock pot on top of beef (there's a ton of flavor and heat in there). Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lime slices and white rice. Yum – hope you enjoy : ).