Quick Beef Shepherd Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
The meat mixture can be made ahead and frozen. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. I called this recipe Shepherd's Pie. You can have Quick Beef Shepherd Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Beef Shepherd Pie
- You need of 80/20 or higher Ground Beef.
- Prepare of large Zucchini.
- You need of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare of what ever other veggies you have.
- You need of I used fresh corn.
- You need of celery.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of instant potatoes /make your own.
- Prepare of salt n pepper.
- It’s of ground cumin & coriander.
- It’s of chili flakes.
But, I wrote the recipe so that you could use ground beef or ground lamb. I typically use ground beef because it is widely available. But, for a special occasion, like St. Rich and flavorful beef shepherd's pie recipe, made easy in one skillet!
Quick Beef Shepherd Pie step by step
- Chop all veggies to a small dice even in size then in a sauté pan with a Lil oil sear them til tender not fone all the way.I used brown butter with sage!.
- Put into bottom of the Pyrex and in the same pan start your beef,cook til just done don't over cook.
- While that's cooking get your water on for potatoes, when done set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer your beef on top of the veggies then your potatoes on top of that.
- Bake for 20 min or till it begins to bubble..let sit for a few minutes.
Ground beef, tender vegetables, and fluffy mashed potatoes. what could be better! I almost named it Cottage Pie, which is what a Shepherd's Pie made with beef is usually called… but here's why I didn't. In the UK shepherd's pie is made with ground lamb. If you make the same thing with ground beef, as Americans typically do, Brits call it cottage pie. Whether you call it shepherd's pie or cottage pie, it's good stuff.