Lamb and Beef Noodle Casserole. Our favorite recipe from my grandmother is this casserole with ground beef, egg noodles, onions, bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, corn, olives, egg noodles and grated cheddar cheese. The Wolfe Pit make a very simple, one dish comfort meal of beef, mushrooms,tomato sauce and elbow noodles. Perfect for chilly evenings, this hearty ground beef casserole made with always smooth, firm and delicious NO YOLKS® Noodles will warm the soul.
Beef + noodles in a creamy sauce – does it get any better than that? This dish is comfort food at it's finest! How to make Beef and Noodle Casserole into a Freezer Meal. You can have Lamb and Beef Noodle Casserole using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb and Beef Noodle Casserole
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 14 ounces of beef meatballs.
- It’s 1 pound of ground lamb.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of unbleached all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped shallots.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 12 ounces of English peas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- You need 1 of medium sized dill pickle chopped.
- It’s of Pasta.
- You need 12 ounces of wide egg noodles.
- It’s As needed of water to boil pasta.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of salt for boiling water and pasta.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for boiling pasta.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 5 ounces of spreadable goat cheese.
If you've been following us for a while you know that we love ourselves a good freezer meal or shortcut. Add beef stock, paste, sugar and prunes, and stir to combine. Place beef back into the dish, and using wooden spoon push beef gently to submerge in stock mixture. Transfer casserole to a large serving bowl and stir in chopped coriander, sprinkle with almonds and scatter with extra coriander leaves.
Lamb and Beef Noodle Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the meatballs in half and fry till crispy, in 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Remove and set aside. Start boiling the pasta..
- Add the chives, garlic, shallots, pickles, and lamb to the pan. Brown the lamb it there is a lot of oils drain till about 1/4 cup of drippings are there..
- Add flour. Stir till kinda thick. Add meatballs back..
- Add in the peas and boiled noodles to the lamb. Reserve some pasta water. Add in cream and sour cream. Stir if too thick add in the pasta water a little at a time. Salt to taste add in the meatballs..
- Mix it up and smooth the top, a bit..
- Melt butter add to the breadcrumbs. Mix and sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Randomly add pieces of cheese over the top..
- Put into oven for 20-40 minutes. Allow to rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Casseroles are one of the easiest and tastiest dishes to throw into your slow cooker. In fact, it's pretty hard to go wrong. Simply add your ingredients, set, forget, then serve. Use canned or leftover corned beef in this easy corned beef casserole. We used egg noodles in the casserole, but spaghetti or similar pasta could be used as well.