Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup.
You can cook Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 cups of yellow onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 cups of mini bell peppers (chopped).
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of zucchinis cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Colby jack cheese.
- It’s Dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of motzerella or feta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s of Extra cheese for garnish.
Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup instructions
- To make the zucchini tomato Italian sausage soup: In a large soup pot or large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and once hot, add Italian sausage meat. Break up the meat while it cooks with a wooden spoon..
- Once the Italian sausage meat has browned, add onion and bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes..
- Move the meat and vegetables to the sides and lower heat to medium. Add garlic, pepper flakes and tomato paste to the center of the Dutch oven and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, zucchini, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Colby jack cheese and motzerella, along with basil and thyme and stir to combine..
- Bring the soup to a medium simmer and cook just long enough until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes..
- Remove the soup from heat. Serve soup immediately with additional basil and cheese on top. Enjoy!.