Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. A rich low carb beef stew recipe featuring meltingly tender beef and perfectly cooked vegetables. Your ketogenic diet just got better. The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes..
You'll be left with rich and hearty stew that makes a delicious and filling winter meal. And once you know how to make beef stew keto, pair it with a veggie side, or keto bread (or keto breadsticks. This is an easy and tasty stew that makes a lot. You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- You need of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- Prepare of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Brown Onions – sliced.
- You need of Bay leaves.
- You need of Crushed Garlic.
- It’s of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare of Coriander Powder.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare of Beef Stock.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Red Radishes.
- It’s of Celery (roughly chopped).
- You need of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
I'll list below the original recipe as I found it on www.southernplate.com. The changes I made were just to. Nigerian Beef Stew is a mouthwatering West African stew made with blended plum tomatoes, red bell peppers and habanero peppers. Welcome to Low Carb Africa, the home of Keto & Low Carb African-inspired recipes.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
I specialize in creating mouthwatering recipes with rich, bold and spicy flavors. Serve this warming beef stew with grain-free dumplings or creamy low-carb cauli-mash. This braised beef stew is like your slouch jumper of Winter. Gorgeously tender, melt in the mouth beef packed with lots of chunky low carb veg all bubbling. How to thicken beef stew (and keep it low carb!) To thicken a traditional beef stew, you might add flour or cornstarch to the recipe.