Super Easy Red Beans and Rice with Sausage. This recipe is a one dish meal. It's so easy to throw together and the cooking time just depends on the kind of rice you use. Cooking red beans and rice is easy, but it takes a long time to let the ingredients come together for optimal flavor as well as for the texture of the beans to break If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlists.
Red beans and a ham hock slowly simmer with seasonings for maximum flavor. Smoked sausage is stirred in towards the end for a hearty, hot meal that's perfect when the cold winds blow. Reviews for: Photos of Red Beans and Rice with Sausage. You can have Super Easy Red Beans and Rice with Sausage using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Red Beans and Rice with Sausage
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked sausage, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can diced tomato, with juice.
- Prepare 2 (14 oz) of can dark red kidney beans, rinsed.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of hot sauce.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place the red beans and sliced sausage into the steaming tray; reserve. Transfer beans and sausage to a medium bowl; add cooked rice mixture to the same bowl. Red beans and rice are slow cooked to perfection with diced andouille sausage and chopped vegetables.
Super Easy Red Beans and Rice with Sausage step by step
- Brown sliced sausage in a large stock pot to render fat..
- Add cut vegetables to pot to saute a few minutes, garlic last so it won't burn..
- Add diced tomato, beans, stock, water, seasonings and hot sauce.
- Add uncooked rice and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to simmer until rice is cooked. About 20-25 minutes.
Limpin' Susan is another bean and rice dish similar to Hoppin' John, but it's made with okra and bacon and it doesn't always include beans. Red beans and rice is a symbolic dish of Louisiana Creole cuisine. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Tender red beans, fluffy white rice This Easy Red Beans and Rice Recipe for an instant dinner in this homemade classic, homemade red beans and rice. This budget meal will taste anything but dull!