Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak. Beef Sirloin Tip Steaks are served with frozen vegetables and a delicious sesame-soy sauce. The Sirloin Tip, also known as the "Knuckle," is the muscle group that runs parallel with the (femur) leg bone of the Round that extends upward from the (patella) kneecap toward the ball of the femur. Beef round is where we get some of the tougher roasts and steaks, but they're cheap and nourishing.
Sirloin tip steak is a fairly tough cut of beef due to its leanness. Our simple marinade solves this problem using pantry ingredients How to cook sirloin tip steak. Make the marinade by combining balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and black pepper in a medium bowl. You can cook Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak
- You need of seasoning for meat.
- You need 2 lb of sirloin beef tip steak.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning all.
- You need 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Lipton beefy onion mix.
- It’s 3 cup of of beef broth.
- You need 1 envelope of pioneer brown gravy mix or any brown gravy mix.
- You need 2 cup of water (optional).
Alternative Names: Round Tip Steak, Tip Steak, Sandwich Steak, Ball Tip Steak, Breakfast Steak Don't be fooled by the sirloin part in the name, beef sirloin tip is not the same as top sirloin. The sirloin tip is a lean horseshoe shaped cut that is economical, can be used to make cutlets(fast fry). Beef sirloin just might be America's favorite cut of beef, for good reason: it's readily available at grocery stores, affordable, and tender enough for quick Top sirloin steaks are leaner and less tender than ribeye, T-bone steak, or strip steaks, but they're juicy and flavorful when grilled or pan seared. Straightforward grilled steak tips – with slightly salty, hearty sauce that can be used with any cut of beef, and is A five-star recipe for sirloin steak cooked in butter, garlic and wine, and then set on fire!
Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak instructions
- Defrost Steak in water.
- After steak has thawed pat dry this helps steak to brown evenly.
- season both sides of steak with seasoning all, onion powder,garlic powder,black pepper.
- flour steak on both sides.
- Add 2 or 3 table spoons of shortening to cast iron pan or whatever your favorite pan is I used butter shortening but you can also use vegetable oil..
- put steak in pan and brown each side for about 3 to 4 mins until meat is nice and brown on both sides.
- Remove steak from pan.
- turn fire down to med with remaining oil left in pan add Lipton beefy onion mix and 2 cups of beef broth stir briskly until dissolved.
- Take remaining broth and mix with pioneer brown gravy mix until dissolved then add to pan..
- add steak to pan making sure to add all the yummy juices that has dripped from the steak. turn fire on low let cook for 45-50 mins or until tender.
- if you need more gravy you can use the 2 cups of water I normally use just 1 cup of water.
Living in California one can get fresh vegetables year-round. Aged Angus Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet Mignon, Top Sirloin by Nebraska Star Beef – Prestige – Hand Cut and Trimmed Steaks Gift Packages – Gourmet Steak Delivered to Your Home, Includes Signature Seasoning. Texas Beef Council: Beef Round Tip Roast and Steak. Taste of Home: Slow-Cooked Sirloin Recipe. USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service: Beef From Farm to Table.