Beef Tapa. Beef Tapa is dried cured beef similar to "Beef Jerky". This is traditionally prepared by curing the meat with sea salt and letting it dry directly under the sun for the purpose of preserving the meat. Tapsilog Recipe Hello mga kabayan, here is our new publication which is so popular I am sure will give your family a smile when you cook.
Tapa is often cooked fried or grilled. Beef tapa is dried, cured beef similar to beef jerky. Traditionally, it was prepared by curing the meat with salt. You can cook Beef Tapa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Tapa
- It’s 3 1/2 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 7 tbsp of white/brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground blackpeper.
- You need 1 head of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil for frying.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 lb of beef sirloin/ thin sliced.
Nowadays, beef tapa is made by simply marinating the meat before frying or sautéing them. Beef tapa is a type of cured meat of thin slices of tender beef. A popular breakfast that is usually served The tender cut of beef, like sirloin, is usually used to make Beef Tapa as it involved frying. See more ideas about beef tapa, beef tapa recipe filipino, beef. (Good Morning) Meet the Philippines' beef jerky, Filipino Beef Tapa.
Beef Tapa step by step
- Combine in a container all ingredients. Stir well..
- After mixing all the ingredients, place the beef meat in a container or ziplock bag..
- Cover and refrigerate the marinade for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight..
- Fry until brown..
- Serve with sunny side eggs and plain rice or garlic fried rice..
How to cook Filipino beef tapa. Traditionally, tapa was a means to extend the shelf life of meats (and other proteins like chicken and fish). The meat was cured or dried with salt and various spices similar. Beef Tapa is dried or cured beef although other meat or even fish may be used with this recipe. Filipinos prepare thin slices of meat and cure it with salt and spices as a method of preserving it.