Shepherd Pie with a new twist. Full recipe to make shepherds pie. Thank you for watching my video please like, comment and share Please subscribe. Traditionally a meat pie with a mashed potato crust, shepherd's pie (also known as cottage pie) originated in Ireland.
Once your potatoes are cooked, drain them but do not rinse them. Whether you are getting ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, are craving classic comfort food, or just love a hearty and satisfying casserole, Shepherd's Pie is a timeless favorite. You can cook Shepherd Pie with a new twist using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd Pie with a new twist
- It’s of County gravy.
- Prepare of lean ground beef or turkey.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of frozen veggies whatever you like best I use peas and corn.
- It’s of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of Pillsbury biscuits.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- You need of mashed potatoes.
Mix up your shepherd's pie with some anchovies. Smooth the mashed potato over the top and then rough it up with a fork to create a textured topping. Irish Shepherd's Pie is a twist off of the traditional Shepherd's Pie recipe. A meat pie flavored with Guinness and topped with mashed potatoes!
Shepherd Pie with a new twist instructions
- In hot skillet cook the ground meat. Season with salt and pepper. Just before done drain any excess grease and add the garlic and onions cook until onions start to sweat and garlic is light brown. Take off burner and add frozen veggies set aside for later..
- Preheat oven to 350. In separate pot make the country gravy as package instructs and set aside. In mixing bowl combine the beef mixture from step one , mashed potatoes and half of the cheddar cheese. Mix well..
- Using a greased casserole dish place four of the biscuits cut up on the bottom then add the mashed potatoes and beef mix. Pour the country gravy over top of that make sure to leave a little room you might not use all the gravy but it's great for left overs. Spread the rest of the cheddar cheese and place the remaining biscuits on top. Place on a cookie sheet just in case if it drips cook about 10 minutes until biscuits are done ..
True Shepherd's Pie is made only with lamb meat. If you use beef, the name of the recipe actually changes to Cottage Pie. Because I used beef in this. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish. Enjoy this satisfying meal with a little less guilt.