Homemade sausage rolls. Delicious easy homemade sausage rolls, using store-bought puff pastry and sausages. Make them mini for appetizers or big for a meal! Homemade Sausage Rolls are a British dietary staple and convenience food that are usually enjoyed as a snack, in miniature form for buffet and party food, or served as a meal with fresh peas and chips.
Sausage rolls are a family favourite for many and you can even use vegetarian sausages as an alternative! Cookin' with Colin – Homemade Sausage Rolls – Cheese and Pickle & Honey Mustard. Homemade Sausage Rolls are perfect for so many occasions! You can cook Homemade sausage rolls using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade sausage rolls
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of kilogram sausage mince.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 3 of sheets of puff pastry defrosted.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten – eggwash.
From picnics to beach days and birthday parties. A tablespoon of mild curry paste is the secret to these classic sausage rolls being just a bit more special. – by Better Homes and Gardens. Easy to make and perfect to plait, homemade sausage rolls don't come more delicious than these! Because really, who can resist the sausage rolls at a party spread?
Homemade sausage rolls step by step
- preheat oven to moderate heat.
- finely grate the carrots and zucchini.
- in a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the beaten egg and combine well. you can add more or less ketchup to your liking..
- cut each sheet of puff pastry in half. using one half of the pastry sheet roll out mince mixture onto pastry. roll up pastry making sure the edges are at the bottom so roll stays closed and doesn't open while baking..
- brush a beaten egg (egg wash) on the pastry..
- cut the roll into about 5 pieces about 2cms each. makes about 30 pieces in total using 6 halves of the pastry sheets..
- place the cut pieces of sausage rolls onto a greased flat oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or till crisp and golden brown..
- you can substitute the vegetables to your own taste. carrots should be one of the main vegetable..
Making sausage at home is one of those lost arts that really is not so difficult as it sounds. At its core, a sausage is simply ground meat and fat, salt, and flavorings. It really is not much more involved than. Homemade Sausage Rolls are great hot or cold, although hot is best in my opinion. With a good quality puff pastry, they stay crispy the next day too, even out of the fridge.